Re: Debian joins OSI announcement ready. Please review and translate.

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 11:19:13AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Compare:
>
> 25      "The OSI was founded in 1998 by Eric S. Raymond and Bruce Perens, with
> 26 	the aim of explaining, advocating, and protecting the term <q>open
> 27 	source</q>."
>
> with http://slashdot.org/articles/980810/1817242.shtml which
> lists four founders and one aim: obtaining an Open Source trademark.
> Do we not credit Ian Murdock and Tim Sailer for some reason?
> Which is the accurate summary of OSI's founding aims?

As said in a previous thread, my source is the "About" section of OSI
website. In addition, OSI people have already reviewed and approved the
draft. So, I daresay that our draft is more accurate.

> 40 	For many years now, the OSI has helped the <q>Open Source</q> trademark
>
> If I recall correctly, there isn't such a trademark: it turned out it
> couldn't be a trademark.  OSI manages a certification mark.

I don't have any clue on it. If you can provide some
{links|documents|whatever} supporting your doubt (within tomorrow) I'll be
happy to change this part. If not, I'll assume that this is correct, as
for OSI review.

> 44 	projects to become affiliate members.
>
> Small query: are we an affiliate, an Affiliate (which OSI's quote
> uses), an affiliate project or an affiliate member?  It would be nice
> to keep it consistent and correct.

Thanks for noticing: fixed.

Cheers,
Francesca