Re: Debian artwork for Wheezy

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 09:17:39PM -0200, Valessio Brito wrote:
> I think the attempt to tender / call for proposal has already happened
> more than once and did not work very well.

Well, it is also true we could have done more to advertise the call for
proposals. For instance, it seems to me that we did not send out a press
release asking for them for Squeeze. Nor we did advertise in similar
ways a user poll to choose one (in case the -desktop people actually
want to do so).

If you people want to give up on the idea of proposals, that's fine, of
course. But please consider that, starting ahead of time, we can do way
more publicity to the call for proposals than what we did for Squeeze.

> Would not the construction of several themes, all parties could work
> on a concept or theme predefined by the developers.
>
> example:
> The concept of sustainability and clean energy.
> Or a topic related "against planned obsolescence" or "free technologies".

If you do so, please be aware that it might be a slippery slope. In
particular, please keep in mind that Debian has an ethical position on
Free Software, but has no ethical position on topics like ecology,
economy, world peace, religion, etc.

Cheers.