Re: An additional flavor for the official logo

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 11:50:37AM -0500, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> We are preparing (yet another) little booklet about Debian for
> handing out at the Debian booth.  While composing it, somehow natively
> the new meaning of the bottle in the official logo emerged:
>
> http://www.onerussian.com/tmp/debianlogo.svg
>
> Our spelling of the used acronym came even prior we recalled the
> official logo (we were using openlogo first).
>
> Do you feel such a logo would be inappropriate for representing Debian?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. The logo you drafted is
nice, but the current Debian logo(s) have been chosen long time ago via
GR and changing them is not something we want to do lightly :)

> What would be your 'spelling' of the acronym (see ours in the document
> metadata)?

Please expand it here, I haven't found the document metadata :)

> P.S. I am placing the logo in a temporary location since I have used
> the bottle from official logo which is not under FOSS license.  I am
> yet to seek for "official approval is given by Debian for its use in
> this purpose" or just redo the bottle ;-)

As a sort of meta-answer, I would have no problem in authorizing the use
of the Debian logo in the context of your both: you're DDs and the Neuro
Debian project is very well integrated and contributing within Debian.

Cheers.