Re: blog.debian.org - technical planning

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 08:55:17AM +0100, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Am 07.11.2010 19:24, schrieb Ana Guerrero:
>
> >> - accepted by DSA
> > I can not answer this. But it does not need to be installed in a
> > DSA-administered machine. (Note: I would not like taking this path,
> > but the alternative exists).
>
> I'm not a DSA, but I always thought that having blog.debian._org_
> requires it to be on a DSA administrated machine, no?

AFAIK, they prefer having all .org domains in machines administered
by them, but we already have .org domains in non-DSA machines,
for example alioth (that also have cvs.d.o, git.d.o, etc).

Getting 3rd party reliable hosting is not really a problem [1], but
do we need this? don't we have several machines in Debian providing
VM where we could host this and theoretically a security problem won't
affect other services?

Ana

[1] The requirements of a wordpress are not really that high and the
site barely needs bandwith due excellent's wp-super-cache and not
using images very often.