Re: blog.debian.org - technical planning

On Sun, Nov 07, 2010 at 09:31:41AM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> I personally use MovableType, which has way less of a record than WP -
> and actually creates static pages for the readers.

To be honest, I couldn't care less of the actual tool which is chosen,
and I've never used WP myself (I'm on ikiwiki for my own blog). The best
way forward is to provide a list of requirements and find the software
which best matches it. AFAICT thus far we have:

- decent security track record
- support for common blogging features (comment, ping/trackback, …)
- some way of having guest post authors (I dream of a CMS-like workflow
  where every DD can submit a blog post for review/publication)
- someone willing to administer it :)
- accepted by DSA

I consider the above set of requirements more than reasonable.

At present, the only volunteer I'm aware of as admin is Ana. So,
trusting your security judgement which is surly more informed than mine,
we should ask whether Ana would be fine with MovableType.

Cheers

PS ACK on Lucas comment on language, if the track record of Wordpress is
   bad, we can say that in an objective manner, without diminishing the
   value of the technical discussion

ti resta John Fante -- V. Caposella .......| ..: |.......... -- C. Adams