Re: buzz to sponsor attendance of non-regulars to DebConf10

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 07:40:32AM +0200, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> Would it be worthwhile to explicitly encourage DDs to take this opportunity to
> invite upstream developers (or even, *gasp*, packagers of "their" software for
> other distributions) to Debconf?  I generally have the impression that Debian
> is on a good way already and that DD usually are quite well-connected,
> primarily with upstream developers, but I'm certain there'd still be something
> to be said for sharing experience.

I like the idea in principle, but I think we should be focused on how we
invest our resources. For communication too, being focused helps, and I
believe it would be way better to have a single message, be it either
"we invite Debian contributors" or "we invite Debian upstream". For this
time, I'd be more happy to invest Debian resources on the former than on
the latter. If it works well, at a next DebConf we can do the same for
upstream.

Cheers.