Re: buzz to sponsor attendance of non-regulars to DebConf10

Heyho!

On Tuesday 20 April 2010 13:29:52 Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
[sponsoring travel for non-Debconf-regulars]

Would it be worthwhile to explicitly encourage DDs to take this opportunity to
invite upstream developers (or even, *gasp*, packagers of "their" software for
other distributions) to Debconf?  I generally have the impression that Debian
is on a good way already and that DD usually are quite well-connected,
primarily with upstream developers, but I'm certain there'd still be something
to be said for sharing experience.

(... and if a week long immersion of a, say, openSUSE package maintainer
results in a laptop being converted to Debian, all the better ;-)

cheers
-- vbi