Re: buzz to sponsor attendance of non-regulars to DebConf10

On Apr 21, 2010, at 9:15 AM, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 09:33:37AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
>> That is a most excellent idea. Please ensure that the press
>> release/blog post gets posted to external media too. I imagine an LWN
>> news item would be the appropriate level of exposure. Some microblog
>> buzz would also be a good idea.
>
> I agree with most of that, but we need a starting point. That starting
> point should be either a blog post that eventually lands to planet (the
> ideal place for that, I think, it would be the debconf blog, but I
> haven't contacted them directly, it would be great if someone of
> -publicity here can do that), or a -press release. Once we have that,
> all of us can tweet/dent/whatever :)

Okay, so if I understand correctly, we'll want to co-ordinate Joey and some folks from DebConf10 regarding this and ask that they get some more details from Joey an assemble a blog post. Then we take the salient facts from that post and add a snippet to Debian Project News (which I can do) and create a Press Release (which I've never done for Debian, so I'd like help.)

I know hydroxide a bit and he's helping with DebConf10 so I'll contact him to see if we can co-ordinate with Joey.

Jeremiah