Re: State of Debian Project News

On Friday 24 April 2009 02:41:35 Andrew Donnellan wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Graham Cobb <g+debian@cobb.uk.net> wrote:
> > Either combined with Ana's proposal, or separate, could we replace the
> > project news with a blog? This would have an RSS feed, of course, and
> > could also be automatically mailed to a mailing list if we needed to keep
> > that distribution mechanism.  It would be an "official" Debian project
> > news blog, with a small team of people having access to write blog
> > entries.  The goal would be one or two blog entries a week, spread across
> > the team of contributors.
>
> Do you mean something like http://times.debian.net?

No.  It would probably be a source which was aggregated into DebianTimes but I
see it as having a different focus.  To me, Debian Times is for the active
Debian community, Debian Project News is for people on the edge of or outside
the community.  Different audiences and different (but overlapping) content.

For content I meant very much the same content as DPN today -- just using a
blog to make contribution and publication easier and more lightweight (but
without the same editorial control, of course).  If we have an editor for
DPN, who can contribute the time then that is best.  But if we don't I was
looking for a way to keep the same style of content going.

Graham