Re: Debian GSoC 2008 (Re: Please review Debian Project News)

Le February 9, 2009 02:50:00 pm Fabio Tranchitella, vous avez écrit :
> * 2009-02-09 19:12, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
> > PAM NSS Debian Installer, improve support of PAM and NSS at install-time
> > Failure
>
> It is true that we couldn't integrate it into unstable during the release
> of Lenny (and the freeze), but this doesn't make it a failure.
>
> Sorry, it was a bit hurting reading it...
Sorry, I understand that as a mentor this can hurt. I only did a very short
summary of the results from a usefulness to Debian perspective - not from a
student perspective. From a student perspective, it looks like Juan was
successful. The issue is the communication between you and vorlon.

That said, Obey Arthur Liu's analysis of this project strongly suggests that
Juan's work is lost (will never be integrated). Your reply suggests
otherwise. If you think there's a possibility that Juan's work is integrated,
this would be worth a comment on Obey Arthur Liu's blog post.