Re: ikiwiki issues and open wiki (was: Please review latest issue of the Debian Project News)

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
> also sprach MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> [2008.11.05.1902 +0100]:
> > That should say that it needs cookie permission *before* failing to login.
>
> Would you file a bug against ikiwiki?

Done.  See
http://ikiwiki.info/bugs/login_page_should_note_cookie_requirement/

[...]
> According to the logs, I still get >10'000 hits/day from spammers
> POSTing directly to the CGI with new page requests.

Sure, new page creation should be restricted.  More specific anti-spam
may also be worthwhile, but I hoped that happened anyway, because
some spammers will login (as happened on my last public work wiki...).

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)