Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Brazilian government owned IT enterprise SERPRO selects Debian GNU/Linux for its servers and wishes to collaborate

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 05:54:19PM +0100, Jon Evans wrote:
> (3)
> During the Debian Day Brasil 2008 at Porto Alegre, SERPRO announced that it
> has selected Debian GNU/Linux as the preferred distribution for its hundreds
> of GNU/Linux development and production servers. Future SERPRO tenders and
> public hearings will include clauses requiring Debian GNU/Linux
> compatibility. Recent SERPRO tenders have already encouraged participation by
> small FLOSS regional companies, as well as Debian support services.

I think that is indeed nice as first paragraph, though SERPRO should
probably get expanded the first time the acronym is used.  As it is in
the first sentence anyway, maybe it could get removed from the title to
make it a bit shorter.

> The Servico Federal de Processamento de Dados (SERPRO) is a US$ 1 billion
> annual revenue Brazilian government owned IT enterprise for other government
> agencies. It has 43 years experience of development and production, 10,000+
> employees, and manages a nationwide network infrastructure of hundreds of
> thousands machines, from handhelds to mainframes, clusters to grids.

That's a good text for the About SERPRO section.

Michael