Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Brazilian government owned IT enterprise SERPRO selects Debian GNU/Linux for its servers and wishes to collaborate

Hello Andre,

Sorry for taking a while to get back to you - I've been busy struggling with
track changes in OpenOffice.

I spotted that your 'About SERPRO' section actually works quite well as an
introduction. It's a bit late I know but have a look, see what you think.
Personally I think (3) works best.

If you do switch the first paragraph for (3) I'd say it was about ready for
release.

Keep up the good work!
Jon

(1)
The Servico Federal de Processamento de Dados (SERPRO) is a US$ 1 billion
annual revenue Brazilian government owned IT enterprise for other government
agencies. It has 43 years experience of development and production, 10,000+
employees, and manages a nationwide network infrastructure of hundreds of
thousands machines, from handhelds to mainframes, clusters to grids. During
the Debian Day Brasil 2008 at Porto Alegre, SERPRO announced that it has
selected Debian GNU/Linux as the preferred distribution for its hundreds of
GNU/Linux development and production servers. Future SERPRO tenders and
public hearings will include clauses requiring Debian GNU/Linux
compatibility. Recent SERPRO tenders have already encouraged participation by
small FLOSS regional companies, as well as Debian support services.

(2)
The Servico Federal de Processamento de Dados (SERPRO) is a US$ 1 billion
annual revenue Brazilian government owned IT enterprise for other government
agencies. It has 43 years experience of development and production, 10,000+
employees, and manages a nationwide network infrastructure of hundreds of
thousands machines, from handhelds to mainframes, clusters to grids.

During the Debian Day Brasil 2008 at Porto Alegre, SERPRO announced that it
has selected Debian GNU/Linux as the preferred distribution for its hundreds
of GNU/Linux development and production servers. Future SERPRO tenders and
public hearings will include clauses requiring Debian GNU/Linux
compatibility. Recent SERPRO tenders have already encouraged participation by
small FLOSS regional companies, as well as Debian support services.

(3)