Re: Let's resurrect Debian Weekly News wiki pages

Hello,

On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 22:45 +0200, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> So I startet by creating http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews and some
> pages linked from there.

First, I want to say that I've read with a lot of interest the current
effort to resurrect DWN. This is really a good idea. Thanks for that.

I've been putting a lot of time and effort to make our wiki cleaner. I
have a few questions/suggestions regarding ProjectNews for this concern.

- Since ProjectNews's aim is to resurrect DWN, shouldn't the page be
named DebianWeeklyNews/* ?

- The CategoryProjectNews isn't needed (IMHO), since all the pages would
are SubPages of ProjectNews (or similar). The visitor can click on the
page title's "parent folder", to move "up".
Also, FYI, the macro [[Navigation(children)]] can automatically list the
subpages.

- Since the pages will be published on http://www.debian.org/News/2008/
or similar, can't we just reset the page "./Issue/Current" when it's
published, as it's done for DeveloperNews[1] ?

- In case there's a need for internationalization, the page names should
be prefixed by the language code, like "fr/ProjectNews/Guidelines".

- My last two cents hint : shouldn't the page "./Issues/Current" be name
something like "./Issue/Next" (or just "./NextIssue" if you decide to
keep archived issues on www.d.o/News/*)?

- FYI, a "redirect" page can be setup if you decide to rename a page.

The above are just hints, not rules !

Thanks,

Franklin

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DeveloperNews