Re: Debian Etch DVD Production

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 12:30 +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> [...]
> > I believe we shouldn't let the largest German Linux/OpenSource Fair,
> > Linuxtag, happen without being able to give Debian DVD's away, and there
> > is another, smaller event here in Hamburg where we could give some DVD's
> > away.
>
> I believe Linuxtag is a lot, but no longer that. I also believe that it
> doesnt make much sense to produce etch DVDs now.

I know it's not ideal. Once I have concrete prices, I (or better: the
potential sponsors) need to balance if they want Debian to go ot
Linuxtag and whatever other fairs are happening until autumn without
DVD's, or if gthey invest the money.

I think if Ubuntu is flooding the place with sponsored DVD's, and we
find people who pay for Debian CD/DVD's, we should do it, too! :)

> *My* current plan is to have something done with Lenny, when its
> released, for next Cebit, possibly working together with the
> LinuxMagazin if they want.

If you need more sponsors, please let me know...

Thanks for the information so far!
Henning