Re: Supported languages (was: draft of the release announcement; please review)

>> Great to see Debian Etch finally getting native language installer
>> support for >50$ of the world!

Tut!  s/$/%/.

Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> But writing something like: "the installation system for Debian
> GNU/Linux has now been translated to 58 languages, which covers 57% of
> the world population." leafes to many questions open (and I think an press
> announcement should avoid that).
>
> Has anyone any suggestion how to phrase that, so that it's still short
> but understandable?

Alas, I suspect our figures aren't reliable enough to rule out the
possibility that sarge was just over the 50% mark anyway.  (Does d-i
officially support installs by 6-year-olds?)

Nobody's mentioned this paragraph yet:

 Also beginning with Debian GNU/Linux 4.0, the package management system
-was improved regarding security and efficiency.  Secure APT allows to
-verify the integrity of packages downloaded from a mirror.  Changed
+has been improved in its security and efficiency.  Secure APT allows
+verifying the integrity of packages downloaded from a mirror.  Changed
 package indexes won't be downloaded from mirrors entirely, but patched
 with smaller files containing only differences from former versions.

If I could think of a neat antonym for "incrementally" I would use
it to replace "entirely".
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)