Re: Press Anouncement preparation for Sarge r3

Joey Schulze wrote:
> Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> > please let us try to prepare the upcoming release announcement for Sarge
> > r3. We should outline that a new Debian installer package has been
> > built. Also i would like to prefere to have the packages that are
> > non-DSA this time could be mentioned first, as VERY many persons asked
> > last time, why "foo" is to be updated, as most of them did not read the
> > announcement to the end of the mail.
> >
> > Also i would like to request, to hold back the release announcement as
> > long as no CD images are build. a) as the new debian installer is built,
> > most persons will start downloading cdimages as soon as the release
> > announcement is out, and b) we need to actually test the d-i, as we need
> > packages in stable for testing d-i builds. This will result in broken
> > cdimages for some cds in the timeframe, but i think we can handle that.
>
> Could you give an ETA on a) when r3 will happen in the archive and b)
> CD and DVD images will be updated?

Since nobody else replied, I'll do it on my own.

Installation happened at around 08:00 UTC on Sep 31st, the mirror
pulse is at around 20:00 UTC, the CD building will start at about
21:00 UTC and will take ~24 hours.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Everybody talks about it, but nobody does anything about it!  -- Mark Twain