Re: Press Anouncement preparation for Sarge r3

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 07:28:37PM +0200, Joey Schulze wrote:
>Joey Schulze wrote:
>> Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
>> > please let us try to prepare the upcoming release announcement for Sarge
>> > r3. We should outline that a new Debian installer package has been
>> > built. Also i would like to prefere to have the packages that are
>> > non-DSA this time could be mentioned first, as VERY many persons asked
>> > last time, why "foo" is to be updated, as most of them did not read the
>> > announcement to the end of the mail.
>> >
>> > Also i would like to request, to hold back the release announcement as
>> > long as no CD images are build. a) as the new debian installer is built,
>> > most persons will start downloading cdimages as soon as the release
>> > announcement is out, and b) we need to actually test the d-i, as we need
>> > packages in stable for testing d-i builds. This will result in broken
>> > cdimages for some cds in the timeframe, but i think we can handle that.
>>
>> Could you give an ETA on a) when r3 will happen in the archive and b)
>> CD and DVD images will be updated?
>
>Since nobody else replied, I'll do it on my own.
>
>Installation happened at around 08:00 UTC on Sep 31st, the mirror
>pulse is at around 20:00 UTC, the CD building will start at about
>21:00 UTC and will take ~24 hours.

Well, ignoring the response from me (Message-ID:
<[🔎] 20060831135645.GD23864@einval.com>), but you're about right. CD
building may start a couple of hours later than you suggest, and we
*really* could do with some installation testing to make sure the CDs
with the new d-i build are correct. That won't take too long (I hope),
but I'm just warning...

"This dress doesn't reverse." -- Alden Spiess