Re: DNS records for the Debian Academy

Dashamir,

> We have had discussions on the mailing list, we have had several meetings, where have you been? What kind of ping do you need?
>
> You know how the first iteration ended, don't you? We are trying to do something better this time. Maybe the "second iteration" is going to have the same end and the first one, I don't know. But we are giving it a try anyway.

I consider your way of interacting with other community members as not helpful. And I ask you to reconsider it, and ask yourself whether you have the skills to drive a community project in Debian forward or not. I conclude that from my observations from Debian Edu as well.

Our first encounter was you grabbing tasks in Debian Edu which others had stood up for, without properly interacting with them. I see the same pattern happening here, and it is the reason why I have refrained from participating in your efforts to date.

The first iteration Endes because no content was produced, because the Academy team did not find the time. It did not end due to any technical issues or issues with the hosting. I see no reason why handing over hosting or DNS to you should change anything about the availability of team members producing content.

Lastly, I do not need to attend any regular meetings in order to manage a VPS and a Moodle installation. I do not have time to get involved with Academy more closely than operating the necessary platforms, but I still can do that.

What I will not do is point a Debian DNS record to a machine managed by you, because I had no chance to build enough trust in your work to date.

The kind of ping I need is a mail with something like "Nik, can Teckids please provide a Moodle VPS for Academy again?". That does not require attending any meetings.

Yet, please make sure that another DD from the Academy team steps up to get root access to that machine.

-nik