Re: Banning Norbert Preining from planet.d.o

On 2022-03-23 4:25 a.m., Jonathan Carter wrote:
> On 2022/03/23 09:37, Ingo Jürgensmann wrote:
>> So, are we now at a point where we ban people just because of some
>> silly remarks in their posts and dislikes from single other persons?
>
> No, but I don't want people to keep feeling dread and wonder what he's
> going to say every time he blogs, and he's not being constructive, he
> hasn't been for a while, and this is by no means just about his last
> remarks, but about patterns of behaviour that he has had no interest in
> changing.
>
> If you wish to still follow his blog for some reason, you can still
> subscribe directly, but at this point it doesn't belong on Planet Debian.

I share this feeling. Note that since he was demoted as a member, he
tagged 3 posts in p.d.o.* I read them, because I was interested in the
technical content. All 3 had those resentful/provocative bits which
could easily escalate to, say, yet another unhealthy thread in -project.

Also, people who followed -- for years -- the events which led to his
expulsion, know that his words clearly spread false information about
the process:

2022/01/14 - "After having been (again) demoted (timed perfectly to my
round birthday!) based on flimsy arguments" and "please direct your
complaints at the responsible entities in Debian.".

2022/02/09 - "Since I am not using Debian (lovely politics!)"

2022/03/22 - "most of my activity around Debian has come to a complete
halt (Send your thanks to da-manager@debian.org!)"

What could be next?

Unfortunately, he seems unable to break this pattern.

Thanks Jonathan,

* https://www.preining.info/blog/tag/debian/

--
Tiago