Re: Debian and GG

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 04:57:55PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > > if i make a bug report.. but this is not a bug. this is a program
> > > that im trying to promote.
> > Exactly.
> > Debian is not a place to promote your programs.
>
> Uhm, what are RFP bugs if not exactly a way for someone to promote the
> existence of code projects they consider relevant to get into Debian?
The main purpose of RFP bugs is to collect dust.
Also, they are created from stale ITP bugs by Bart's scripts.
And as far as RFP bugs are useful for finding software to package, I feel
like ones about software that someone finds useful but lacks the skills to
package it are much more useful than ones created by software authors.

--
WBR, wRAR