Re: [External] Re: ThinkPad laptops preinstalled Linux

Hi all,

On 10.06.20 01:59, RP wrote:
> On 6/9/20 12:19 PM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> use the install disk as an all around rescue disk.
>> You can - there's a "rescue mode" if you look in the boot menus...
>>
> That's true, but I was looking for more tools than what busybox comes with.  Like an all purpose installer/rescue disk.  The suggestions above like Finnix and Grml gave me an idea - make my own with debian-live.  I now have my own custom live cd for rescuing systems with only the tools I personally need.

It would be nice if such a thing would be available as an official Debian live cd rescue image.
No debian-live currently includes tools like lvm, for example.
So you depend on a working network setup for rescueing encrypted partitions etc.

Just my 2 cents
Michael