Re: FW: [External] Re: ThinkPad laptops preinstalled Linux

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 7:46 PM Philip Hands wrote:

> Of course, Grml isn't a direct output of the Debian project, so perhaps
> people might take issue with having that as the "Debian Recovery
> Option", but it is closely based on Debian, and includes a couple of
> ways of installing vanilla Debian, having booted into Grml.

Debian used to publish a "recovery" variant of Debian Live, but that
was dropped due to lack of maintenance at one point. I note there are
several Debian derivatives producing rescue/recovery live media (Grml,
rescatux, Finnix come to mind), I wonder if any of them would be
interested in forming a new Debian rescue/recovery team to publish
console and GUI recovery variants of Debian Live images.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise