Re: [External] Re: ThinkPad laptops preinstalled Linux

On Sat, Jun 06, 2020 at 03:09:26AM +0000, Paul Wise wrote:
> Debian used to publish a "recovery" variant of Debian Live, but that
> was dropped due to lack of maintenance at one point. I note there are
> several Debian derivatives producing rescue/recovery live media (Grml,
> rescatux, Finnix come to mind), I wonder if any of them would be
> interested in forming a new Debian rescue/recovery team to publish
> console and GUI recovery variants of Debian Live images.

Why would we want to do that when downstream distributions for this
purpose are available. Frankly, I don't currently see that a Debian
rescue image could reach grml's level of matureness in time. We do have
more important things to spend our personpower on that are not alreadys
solved downstream.

Greetings
Marc