Re: [External] Re: ThinkPad laptops preinstalled Linux

Quoting Marc Haber (2020-06-09 17:08:25)
> On Sat, Jun 06, 2020 at 03:09:26AM +0000, Paul Wise wrote:
> > Debian used to publish a "recovery" variant of Debian Live, but that
> > was dropped due to lack of maintenance at one point. I note there are
> > several Debian derivatives producing rescue/recovery live media (Grml,
> > rescatux, Finnix come to mind), I wonder if any of them would be
> > interested in forming a new Debian rescue/recovery team to publish
> > console and GUI recovery variants of Debian Live images.
>
> Why would we want to do that when downstream distributions for this
> purpose are available. Frankly, I don't currently see that a Debian
> rescue image could reach grml's level of matureness in time. We do have
> more important things to spend our personpower on that are not alreadys
> solved downstream.

Seems to me you are both talking about same thing with different words:

Downstream has already implemented this.  How about asking those
downstream developers if they might be interested in "upporting" their
work so that it is a) implemented in Debian itself and therefore
benefits both Debian and all of its downstreams, and b) is done by those
already experienced with this without repeating effort.

(please, either of you, correct me if I am missing something)

 - Jonas