Re: [BTB] Asking vs enforcing (was: [Summary] Discourse for Debian)

Le vendredi 17 avril 2020 à 11:47:36+0200, tomas@tuxteam.de a écrit :
> > Indeed, because it's our job to remind the CoC and try to have it
> > respected. And it's regarding this job that I intervened. I'm happy
> > that we agree on this and therefore don't really understand how you
> > could have thought that I was going out of line.
>
> I do have an issue with the tone you chose. Actually I'm a bit
> horrified by it. In a situation which seemed to be on the way
> to deescalation, you chose a tone which contributed to escalation
> (I'm not assuming intention, but I see the effects).

It escalated because some people have doubts regarding the CT and its
delegation, not because of the topic itself.

Regarding the current state of the subthread, it's unclear whether it
was descalating, and as we got some demands to help, we did think that
sending an email was apprioriate here.

If you're horrified by my tone, I'm happy to discuss about it, either
there, or, preferably (as this subsubthread is becoming longer that it
should have) in private, via the community@debian.org alias.  I'd be
glad to understand and find a way to make it less horrifying for the
next times, as there will sadly be next times.

Cheers,

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2