Re: Question to all: Outreach

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 07:01:35PM +0800, Shengjing Zhu wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 5:26 PM Daniel Lange <DLange@debian.org> wrote:
> [...]
> > As Debian can afford paying for its interns itself, we do.
> This looks bad to me. Should Debian pay directly to its contributors?

Indeed this is a good question, which I'd also answer with 'no' for the
general, continious cases. But Outreachy is about getting people involved,
supporting them to get started, once, and aimed at people who for various
reasons have more difficulties in our societies than our average members.

These two things make this worthwhile and doable to me.

--
cheers,
	Holger

In Europe there are people prosecuted by courts because they saved other people
from drowning in the  Mediterranean Sea.  That is almost as absurd  as if there
were people being prosecuted because they save humans from drowning in the sea.