Re: Question to all: Outreach

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 5:17 AM Hector Oron <zumbi@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> > There are many people in Debian who were GSoC students and are active
> > Debian contributors, DMs, DDs. In which way does Outreachy differ from
> > GSoC from a Debian point of view - besides the fact that it explicitly
> > encourages people from underrepresented communities and non-students?

It's still not clear to me the difference between GSoC and Outreachy program.
IIUC, GSoC interns are paid by Google, which I appreciate their generosity.
But who pays Outreachy interns? Is this the same that some companies
pay for it? like the companies logo on https://www.outreachy.org/.
However I'm confused that Debian is listed as sponsor on
https://www.outreachy.org. Why Debian sponsors other programs while
Debian needs others' sponsors?

--
Shengjing Zhu