Re: Debian supports pridemonth?

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 4:30 AM Jonathan Carter <jcc@debian.org> wrote:

> On 2019/06/28 11:48, Gerardo Ballabio wrote:
> > I do not think that this is appropriate. Welcoming diversity is one
> > thing, supporting pridemonth is another thing. Pridemonth is a set of
> > events with a definite political connotation.
<snip>

> Probably a bit of a stretch to call it political. As far as I
> understand, all that it's about is a shared stance against bigotry and
> letting people know that it's ok to be different and that we accept
> people from a wide variety of walks of life. Seems in line with our
> current policies so I don't really see much of an issue there.
<snip>

It is no stretch to call pridemonth political.  It is organized by extremely
political groups in an effort to further political and societal goals
(regardless
of how you view their goals).

Or are you claiming that it is a stretch to call the logo change a political
statement?

--
Eldon Koyle