Debian supports pridemonth?

Hello all,
I've just seen this on https://micronews.debian.org/ :

"In support of #pridemonth, Debian changes its website logo. The
Debian Project welcomes and encourages participation by everyone
https://www.debian.org/intro/diversity "

May I please ask who decided that and where was it discussed? (I can't
find anything about it at least on -project.)

I do not think that this is appropriate. Welcoming diversity is one
thing, supporting pridemonth is another thing. Pridemonth is a set of
events with a definite political connotation. I don't think that
Debian should take sides on any specific political issues (except of
course issues that have a relation to free software), especially if
that hasn't been discussed at large among project members and there
isn't a clear consensus.

Is it just me (and am I being blatantly wrong, if so please enlighten
me) or do others share my concern?

Thanks
Gerardo

(Not subscribed, please keep me Cc:d)