Re: Realizing Good Ideas with Debian Money

It was pointed out to me that my mail could have been misread in a
number of ways.  nothing in my message is meant to alter the delegations
currently in place. Rather, my desire is to further empower our
delegated teams.

If there are going to be any grants to fund work for some of our teams,
the teams need to eagerly support the idea and have appropriate
involvement in the process.  The obvious and simplest way is for the
team wanting to issue a grant to be the one running the experiment.

There are other options that may make sense.  For example if someone who
had experience with grants or contracting wanted to put together the
experiment that could be fine.  But it would need to be as a resource
for the teams that the teams saw as such, not antagonistic to our great
volunteers.

--Sam