Re: Realizing Good Ideas with Debian Money

    Gunnar> I am aware your example is just an example - But don't you
    Gunnar> think that following through with this would have a sad
    Gunnar> effect on the www team: It would be equivalent to tell them,
    Gunnar> "thanks for your work for so many years, but we have decided
    Gunnar> it's a weak spot in the project, and we'd be much better off
    Gunnar> if somebody else were to do it".

If that were there reaction  we shouldn't do it.

I was imagining that if we went to www, treasurer, or a couple of other
teams and said things like
"Hey, from your last couple of reports you don't seem to be able to get
all the things done you want to dget done.  We don't seem to get you
volunteers, but would you find it useful to have some money to contract
for some of those items?  Because this is new, we'll help you out if you
don't have experience managing a contract well."

I'd be really surprised if their reaction was to feel their work was not
valued if presented like that.
And if so, we apologize and move on.