Re: Debian and Non-Free Services

Hi Michael

On Tue, Oct 08, 2019 at 02:49:32AM -0500, Michael Lustfield wrote:
> - It's significantly more stable
>   + I've seen "GitLab is not responding" more times than I can keep track of
>   + I've also seen a large number of 500 and 504 errors (at least 1x/wk)

We have around 0,1% failure rate.

>   + This reliably fails: https://salsa.debian.org/api/v4/groups/debian

- Known, bug in the API, can be worked aroung with
  "?with_projects=false".
- WTH do you even try this?
- I doubt that GitHub got similar large groups.

> - GitHub often addresses problems quickly; this is rare with salsa

https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/support/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=all&author_username=mtecknology
is empty.  So which problems are you talking about.

https://bits.debian.org/2019/08/salsa-postmortem-docker-registry.html

> - Decisions are discussed, instead of drunken thoughts over chips and salsa

-v?

Okay, no need to go further.

Bastian

--
Knowledge, sir, should be free to all!
		-- Harry Mudd, "I, Mudd", stardate 4513.3