Re: GR proposal: mandating VcsGit and VcsBrowser for all packages, using the "gbp patches unapplied" layout, and maybe also mandating hosted on Salsa

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 07:34:02PM +1000, Alexander Zangerl wrote:
> >> so, why isn't it enough to recommend those things?
> >Because without uniformity, we make it harder for people to contribute.
>
> i detest unwarranted, imposed, uniformity. i *love* consistency. we have
> had consistency in the distribution for ages. we don't need uniform
> workflows.
>
> what good can come from reducing diversity and actively probibiting
> flexiblity?
Other people can more reliably fix your packages.

> and why do you insist on micromanaging the workflow i've got
> to use?
Because you are not the only one who may work on your packages.

> or do you also plan to insist that your roofing contractor only uses
> <insert brand> tools and only cuts the rafters with your preferred saw?
This comparison is irrelevant.

--
WBR, wRAR