Sounding board for Debian forums?

Hi all,

Would it be reasonable to create some kind of sounding board to facilitate long or complex discussions?

The format used in email lists (and social media in general) does not seem well-suited for long or complex discussions.  It often leads to fragmentation (ie. repeating opinions across multiple subthreads), and I believe it encourages a bias toward commenting on things that people feel strongly about (usually in disagreement).

I think a more structured and disciplined format could really help improve the quality of discussions, as well as reduce negative feelings toward people and email in general.  I think redirecting a discussion to a different forum would also be more successful than simply trying to make it stop.

Is there some kind of software that could help people break down their claims into fundamental parts, then get feedback on the parts individually, maybe even refining their viewpoint as the discussion evolves?

--
Eldon