Re: Sounding board for Debian forums?

Eldon Koyle <ekoyle@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there some kind of software that could help people break down their
> claims into fundamental parts, then get feedback on the parts
> individually, maybe even refining their viewpoint as the discussion
> evolves?

Prior to considering technical solutions: Have you got any examples of
real dispersed communities that are able to avoid the problems you you
described?

Regardless of technology, I'm not aware of any forums that achieve the
kind of formal structure you're talking about, because humans who need
to have representative participation tend to be discouraged by greater
formal or technical barriers.

So what real-world examples would you point to as a counter to that
tendency, and how do you think technology helps achieve that improvement
in those real-world cases?

--
 \          “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without |
  `\      having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it |