Re: Cultural differences and how to handle them

On Wed, Jul 03, 2019 at 01:00:42PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Adam Borowski writes ("Re: Cultural differences and how to handle them"):
> > On Tue, Jul 02, 2019 at 11:21:03PM +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > > People in the US are used to minority quotas in various places.
> > >
> > > In most European countries it would be considered unacceptable racism
> > > if skin color would play any role in university admission.
> 3. What you say about positive discrimination is simply untrue in at
> least the UK.  See for example Equality Act 2010 Part II Chapter 2,
> "Positive action".

Don't blame Adam for things I said.

"most" != "all", and AFAIK the UK differs from continental Europe on
that and is closer to what is being done in the US.

Which also matches what side people from the UK are in this discussion.

cu
Adrian

BTW:
Was your longer reply to me intentionally only Cc'ed to
antiharassment/listmaster/leader, or could you forward
it also to debian-project?
There is nothing private involved, and if you want want action to
be taken against me for my statements in this discussion then let's
discuss this openly.

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed