Re: RFA: rtc.debian.org

Quoting Andreas B. Mundt (2019-05-19 20:27:31)
> On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 03:44:33PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > Quoting Sam Hartman (2019-05-19 14:57:08)
> > > If I'm understanding you correctly, what you're saying is that you
> > > believe this project is more than one person can handle and you're
> > > giving two examples:
> > >
> > > 1) You don't know how to interact with DSA and 2) you don't
> > > understand the current setup.
> > >
> > >[…]
> > >
> > > My recommendation is that it's more than one person should take
> > > on, but I want to make sure that I'm not misreading a request for
> > > specific help.
> >
> > Thanks for noticing and pointing out the ambiguity in my statement!
> >
> > It is mostly the first: My lack of experience with DSA and current
> > setup are concrete show stoppers, but I realized that even getting
> > past those (e.g. by emailing DSA - they probably won't bite) I would
> > not want to carry the responsibility alone.
> >
> > If one more person steps up to help, then I won't mind taking the
> > lead. And I might then take your offer to guide me. :-)
>
> I am interested in helping maintaining the service, if that is
> appreciated.  As I am moving to a new (work)place soon, I hesitate to
> promise too much, but I think we should give it a try at least.  In
> addition, others have shown interest in the service as well as in its
> maintenance, so they might help as soon as something is started.  I've
> run a private XMPP server for family and friends since some years now,
> and I also set up the SIP stuff, but that never worked reliably so I
> disabled the service when resiprocate became unmaintained and security
> issues popped up.

Great.  That is appreciated indeed: Please (if not already) subscribe to
the mailinglist https://lists.debian.org/debian-rtc/ and let's use that
for further discussion.

I will try get in touch with DSA, and yell if I need your help, Sam :-)

Let's make RTC great again!

 - Jonas