Re: RFA: rtc.debian.org

Hi Wouter,

Quoting Wouter Verhelst (2019-05-12 00:32:56)
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 05:13:10PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > I have tried but failed at using the service.
>
> Same here.
>
> Unfortunately, my experience with rtc.d.o have been less than stellar:
>
> - The Jabber service is a spamtrap these days. When I contacted the
>   maintainers about that, they suggested I install some client-side
>   spamfilter. That seems wrong on so many counts...
> - The SIP service was next to impossible to get to work with Asterisk,
>   my SIP software of choice. When I contacted the maintainers of the
>   service, they told me to not use Asterisk, which essentially means I
>   would have to throw away all my phone hardware that I have working
>   with asterisk, just so I could possibly communicate with my fellow
>   Debian Developers.

Thanks for the feedback.

I also run Asterisk at a few small networks, and experienced similar
failure connecting with rtc.d.o in the past - but I didn't try very hard
back then.

I sincerely hope these renewed efforts can help improve the experience.

No doubt helps also that the protocols and implementations have since
matured some.

> Unfortunately, due to a recent change in my lifestyle, I don't think I
> will have the time to help maintain this service...

I wish you the best for your new lifestyle.  Really!

Again, thanks for your feedback,

 - Jonas