Re: Question for Planet Admins: What Should I do if another Developer Removes my Blog

On Tue, 2019-05-21 at 18:27 +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
> If you make a bad upload, someone will be quick to point out to you
> exactly which part of debian policy you've messed up and file an RC bug
> against your package. Our community guidelines deserve to be on the same
> standard, if a blog is removed from planet Debian, it makes sense that
> there's at least a good reason for that, no?

I suppose the big difference is that while we have a reasonably (or at
least tollerably) good understanding of right/wrong from a technical
PoV (~policy) we have nothing like such a good shared understanding of
social norms/acceptability, so one person's "good reason" to act is not
necessarily sufficient for the next and in fact might well be
considered unnecessarily inflamatory or antagonistic.

Ian.