Re: Call for experiences of Norbert Preining

Thomas Lange - 09.01.19, 18:17:
> > This reminded me about
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2018/12/msg00025.html
>
> For easier understanding, this is the post from Daniel with subject:
>
> "€ 500 cash bounty for information / Debian privacy breaches"

Thanks for looking it up.

I do not consider either of those helpful or ethically sound.

For me it has something about denouncing people aka "please tell us how
bad this person has been".

I do not agree to collect such kind of information *after* a decision
has been made and I do not agree collecting such kind of information via
a public call, whether it is delivered together with a cash bounty or
not.

I just maintain mainly one package for Debian, but my motivation to even
become just a Debian maintainer, an official one with maintainer rights,
right now is next to zero. Cause a project where people start to
publicly call out for evidence to denounce or expel people or keep them
expelled or do any other kind of harm to them is no project I feel
comfortable with.

I think this kind of approach seriously harms the reputation of Debian
as a project. I am thankful that so far no news site I am ware of seems
to have picked this up and I hope it stays that way.

Thanks,
--
Martin