Re: Planet Debian revisions

Hi Sean!

Sean Whitton:
> Hello Ulrike,
>
> On Thu 03 Jan 2019 at 06:03pm GMT, Ulrike Uhlig wrote:
>
>>> Yes, let's avoid this.
>>
>> As currently phrased, if people are unsure, they should contact the
>> planet administrator's team. I think this should solve such concerns.
>
> I'm afraid I don't follow.  I wanted to keep details out of commit
> messages because of the fact that commit messages are a permanent
> record.  How does contacting the planet admin team solve this?

Sorry my message was not clear:

I think these details should be in the commit message, not necessarily
being detailed more than "(possible) violation of CoC" or similar, but
if ever people are not sure about how much detail should be in there
they should contact planet admins.

I found it super useful to be able to look up in Git when & that Norbert
had deleted the sentence that stated that the removal of his feed was
based on a decision made by the AH team. The AH team (or Laura acting as
part of it to be precise) mentioned this explicitly in their commit
message. This made it clear that this feed was not supposed to be
re-added without communicating either with them, the planet admins or
escalating the issue to the DPL if deemed necessary. If they had only
added a sentence as a comment in the config file of planet, it would
have been even easier to dismiss.

Cheers!