Re: Conflict escalation and discipline

On Wed, 18 Apr 2018, Ian Jackson wrote:
> 2. You are suggesting mediation.

Yes. It has been my experience that many of the occasional flareups in
Debian have at their root a failure of communication between one or more
parties which has been escalated instead of mediated.

> Mediation is certainly *one* part of what is needed, but also
> *conciliation* and *arbitration*.

I don't expect the adversarial process to resolve our occasional
breakdowns in communication. At most it will produce winners and losers.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

It was said that life was cheap in Ankh-Morpork. This was, of course,
completely wrong. Life was often very expensive; you could get death
for free.
 -- Terry Pratchet _Pyramids_ p25