Re: Debian System Administration team sprint report

]] Martín Ferrari

> Like I had offered soon after I got Prometheus into Debian, I would be
> happy to help DSA in adopting Prometheus. I can also offer assistance to
> assess if it is a good fit for DSA.

Thanks for the offer.  (I already use Prometheus heavily at work, but
other DSA members have less or no experience with it.)

> Right now, support in Debian is pretty strong, with the newest releases
> being present in testing and stable-backports.

Yes, this is great to see, especially with the v2 support out.  Do you
have any plans for packaging something like Weave Cortex which offers a
more long-term storage than Prometheus itself?

> Grafana is a problem, I know, but I hope that as the interest in
> prometheus grows, I will get some help in getting Grafana back in shape.
> In any case, Grafana is not needed at all to use Prometheus, it is just
> a shiny front-end.

The Prometheus UI is fine for debugging queries and such, but it's far
away from Grafana when used interactively.  I'd be very happy if we
managed to get a newer version into Debian.

--
Tollef Fog Heen