Re: Automatic downloading of non-free software by stuff in main

> The pros vastly outweighs the speculitive cons on this, it's
> literally
> just a tag that's stored on the filesystem. If you can read the tag,
> you can read the file. If you store porn that's readable by others,
> it's not a shock that you go to porn websites. If you have an
> overthrow the government file, it's not really that big of a deal
> where you got it from. Chances are they'd be more interested in the
> file.

I agree.

If the contents of the file are taboo, you need to protect the file.

One obvious thing is a browser in incognito mode shouldn't be saving
real data for the attribute. Though then I'd like to be able to disable
incognito mode when in a managed computing environment.

(Users accounts are regularly compromised, and so I have to assume some
fraction of my users' accounts are actually controlled by hostile
entities)

Diane