Re: Appropriate escalation (or non-escalation) re rude emails

Hi Ian,

> In the last week or so I have sent two mails to Debian contributors
> saying to them that I felt their message was rude or otherwise had
> inappropriate elements.

Since becoming DPL I have sent a number of these with varying degrees
of "success".

However, I do not believe one needs standing to do so and would highly
encourage people to call out behaviour they feel is unacceptable, whoever
they are or whatever flags they have in the Debian LDAP server.

Indeed, this is probably more effective at changing the culture as it does
not involve a paternalistic/authoritarian "telling off". Thoughts?

Regards,

--
      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb