Re: Appropriate escalation (or non-escalation) re rude emails

On 25/10/17 18:36, Chris Lamb wrote:

> However, I do not believe one needs standing to do so and would highly
> encourage people to call out behaviour they feel is unacceptable, whoever
> they are or whatever flags they have in the Debian LDAP server.
>
> Indeed, this is probably more effective at changing the culture as it does
> not involve a paternalistic/authoritarian "telling off". Thoughts?

As I said many times in the past couple of years, peer pressure is not
enough sometimes, and the project needs teeth to stop harmful behaviour
before it drives people away.

*The volunteers are the project's most valuable resource, and we need to
protect them.*

In situations like those Ian has described, I think DAM and
anti-harrassment should at least be informed. Coincidentally, yesterday
I was about to do exactly this after I saw some inflammatory emails sent
publicly to a member of our community.

I am adding them to this thread, as I think their input on the matter
would be most welcomed.

Tincho.

--
Martín Ferrari (Tincho)