Re: About ocf.tw receiving donations on behalf of Debian Project

On Thu, Jun 08, 2017 at 01:32:14PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> "Yao Wei (魏銘廷)" wrote:
> > As OCF is now a trusted organization in Debian [1], I'd like to ask if it is
> > okay for OCF to receive donations on behalf of Debian Project [2].  And, if so,
> > how to donate and specify the donation for Debian Project.  The monthly program
> > (300壯士) [3] doesn't have a place for specifying the donation, and I found no
> > information how to donate apart from the program.
> > [1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2017/06/msg00000.html
> > [2]: https://www.debian.org/donations
> > [3]: http://ocf.tw/300/
>
> Hi - did you get any reply from OCF?  I suspect that the donation path
> is still to be set up fully and then the Debian Project will add it to
> the donations web page.

I plan to have a video call with OCF.tw, but I got flu, so it is
postpond to next Wed.

Our current plan is:

* Donation for DebConf18 is mostly for enterprise, so we might not need
  to put link into donation page.

* Donation for Debian might be able to use to provide OS certification
  for Quanta [0](Quanta [1] is Taiwan-based company) if we can figure
  out how to do it in DebConf17. Before this happens, we might not open
  donation in OCF.tw.

[0] https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2017/05/msg00016.html
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quanta_Computer

--