Re: GitHub Open Source Survey 2017

On Wed, Jun 07, 2017 at 04:57:17PM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> I have yet to see a system vendor who issues BIOS/firmware updates at all
> after 1-2 years after manufacture.  If they don't sell the given piece of
> hardware anymore, there's no money to be made by keeping it updated.
>
> And, even if they do issue such updates, they tend to be providen as Windows
> executables, which is unfun if you don't even have Windows on the machine in
> question.
FWIW my laptops and desktop MBs are usually updated with a flash tool
built into the BIOS setup interface with a file from a flash drive. But
it's a small sample, and, incidentally, my desktop got a
binary-file-with-a-windows-flasher "100 Series ME (Version 11.6.27.3264)
Update Tool" just two days ago (I didn't flash it yet).

--
WBR, wRAR