GitHub Open Source Survey 2017
GitHub recently published the announcements of their 2017 Open Source
I was wondering whether any fellow developers had read this and whether
they had evaulated it in the context of the Debian project. To kick this
off, let me quote some of their key insights:
* Documentation is highly valued, frequently overlooked, and a
means for establishing inclusive and accessible communities.
* Negative interactions are infrequent but highly visible, with
consequences for project activity.
* Open source is used by the whole world, but its contributors
don't yet reflect its broad audience.
* Using and contributing to open source often happens on the job.
* Open source is the default when choosing software.
: :' : Chris Lamb
`. `'` email@example.com / chris-lamb.co.uk